Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Rules And Regulations Enumerated: No person shall operate a cardroom in violation of any of the following rules and regulations:
1. In one hand or round:
a. No player shall bet more than five dollars ($5.00) in money or other thing of value.
b. The amount awarded the winner, except for a poker game as provided in subsection A1c of this section, shall not exceed ten dollars ($10.00) in money or other thing of value multiplied by the number of players in the game.
c. In a poker game, there shall be no more than two (2) raises.
d. In a 21 game (blackjack), there shall be no more than two (2) hands per player.
2. Licensees and permittees holding or obtaining licenses and permits under the provisions of this chapter agree to be bound by and observe each of the terms, conditions and provisions of this chapter. Cardroom licenses and work permits shall be available for inspection during all hours of operation.
3. Games conducted or operated in the city pursuant to the provisions of this chapter shall be conducted and operated in full conformity with, and subject to, all provisions of the laws of the state and the ordinances of the city.
4. Cardrooms shall be open to police inspection during all hours of operation. Each licensee shall keep the room or enclosure where the social game takes place open to free and immediate access by the police department of the city, its authorized personnel or law enforcement officers. Doors leading into the room or enclosure shall remain unlocked during all hours of operation, except that where the charitable, religious or fraternal organization normally restricts access by means of magnetic cards or devices, such cards or devices shall be provided to the city police department for use by its authorized personnel or law enforcement officers in fulfillment of access requirements of this subsection.
5. No licensee or permittee shall participate in a card game or procure players, back, farm out, assign or sublet card games lawfully permitted under this chapter on the premises in which the licensee or permittee has any interest or works.
6. Playing of all card games shall be arranged to provide free access and visibility to interested persons. Doors leading into the cardroom must remain unlocked during all hours of operation.
7. No person under the age of twenty one (21) years shall be permitted to participate in a card game or to enter or remain on the portion of the premises where the cardroom is located.
8. No charge shall be collected from a player for the privilege of participating in a game.
9. All players in a game, including the dealer, must use their own money. Loans between licensee and players, loans between cardroom employees and players, and loans between players are not permitted.
10. No game shall be conducted between the hours of two o'clock (2:00) A.M. and ten o'clock (10:00) A.M.
B. Posting Of Rules: The city manager may require one or more of the above rules to be posted in a cardroom in a conspicuous place and in a readable style. (Ord. 605-04, 6-8-2004)