Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. It shall be unlawful for any person to break, damage or remove any portion of any manhole, lamp hole, flush tank or any part of the public sewers or drains.
B. It is unlawful for any person to maliciously, wilfully or negligently break, damage, destroy, uncover, deface, tamper with or insert any substance into any structure, appurtenance or equipment which is a part of the wastewater facilities, including, but not limited to, manholes and the flush ends of sewer lines.
C. It shall be unlawful for any person to discharge or cause to be discharged into any public sewer, any of the following described substances:
1. Any liquid or vapor from industrial use having a temperature higher than one hundred forty degrees Fahrenheit (140°F).
2. Water or waste which contains more than one hundred (100) parts per million, by weight, of fat, oil or grease.
3. Gasoline, benzene, naphtha, fuel oil, or other flammable or explosive liquids, solids or gases.
4. Garbage that has not been properly shredded.
5. Ashes, cinders, sand, gravel, grout, concrete wash water and construction wastewater, mud, straw, shavings, metal, glass, rags, feathers, tar, plastics, wood, paunch manure or any other solid or viscous substance capable of causing obstruction to the flow in sewers or other interference with the proper operation of the sewage works.
6. Waters or wastes having a pH lower than 5.5 or higher than 9.0, or having any other corrosive property capable of causing damage or hazard to structures, equipment and personnel of the sewage works.
7. Waters or wastes containing a toxic or poisonous substance in sufficient quantity to injure or interfere with any sewage treatment process, constitute a hazard to humans or animals, or create any hazard in the receiving waters of the sewage treatment plant.
D. Any persons violating the provisions of this chapter shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor. The application of the above penalty shall not prevent the enforced termination or cessation of prohibited or unlawful acts. (Ord. 624-08, 8-12-2008)