Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A person seeking issuance of a parade permit shall file an application with the Chief of Police or other authorized city official on forms provided by such officer.
(A) The application for a parade permit shall be filed not less than 72 hours or not more than 60 days before the date on which it is proposed to conduct the parade.
(B) The application for a parade permit shall set forth the following information:
(1) The name, address, and telephone number of the person seeking to conduct the parade;
(2) If the parade is proposed to be conducted for, on behalf of, or by an organization, the name, address, and telephone number of the headquarters of the organization and of the authorized and responsible heads of the organization;
(3) The name, address, and telephone number of the person who will be the parade chairperson and who will be responsible for its conduct;
(4) The date when the parade is to be conducted;
(5) The route to be traveled, the starting point, and the termination point;
(6) The approximate number of persons, animals, and vehicles which will constitute the parade, the type of animals, if any, and the description of the vehicles;
(7) The hours when the parade will start and terminate;
(8) A statement as to whether the parade will occupy all or only a portion of the width of the streets, sidewalk, park, or other public place proposed to be traversed;
(9) The location by street of any assembly area for the parade;
(10) The time at which units of the parade will begin to assemble at any such assembly area or areas;
(11) The interval of space to be maintained between units of the parade;
(12) If the parade is designed to be held by, and on behalf of or for, any person other than the applicant, the applicant for the permit shall file a communication in writing from the person authorizing the applicant to apply for the permit on his or her behalf; and
(13) Any additional information reasonably necessary to a fair determination as to whether a permit should issue.
(C) There shall be paid at the time of filing an application for a parade permit a fee in an amount as established by the City Council.
(Prior Code, § 71.42) Penalty, see § 71.99