Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The Planning Commission shall determine, in making a decision for approval of a conditional use, that the proposed use will comply with the general standards in this Section 1298.07 and the specific standards in Section 1298.08 pertinent to each use indicated therein. The Planning Commission may also impose such additional conditions and safeguards deemed necessary for the general welfare, for the protection of individual property rights and for insuring that the intent and objectives of this Zoning Code will be observed.
(b) The Planning Commission shall review the particular facts and circumstances of each proposed use in terms of the following standards and shall find adequate evidence showing that such use on the proposed location:
(1) Will be designed, constructed, operated arid maintained so as to be harmonious and appropriate in appearance with the existing or intended character of the general vicinity and that such a use will not change the essential character of the same area;
(2) Will not be hazardous or unduly disturbing to existing or future neighboring uses;
(3) Will not be detrimental to property in the immediate vicinity or to the community as a whole;
(4) Will be served adequately by essential public facilities and services such as roads, police and fire protection, drainage structures, refuse disposal or schools, or that the persons or agencies responsible for the establishment of the proposed use shall be able to provide adequately any such service;
(5) Will have vehicular approaches to the property which shall be so designed as not to create an interference with traffc on surrounding public roads;
(6) Will not have exterior equipment which is incompatible with the uses of the district, including but not limited to the following:
A. Loudspeakers which cause a hazard or annoyance shall not be permitted.
B. Lighting shall not constitute a nuisance and shall in no way impair safe movement of traffic lighting on any street or highway.
(Ord. 52-2002. Passed 9-23-02.)