Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The Administrative Officer is hereby authorized to issue skill-based amusement arcade licenses and skill-based amusement device license tags, in such form as he or she determines to be appropriate, for a period of up to one year, upon satisfaction of all of the following conditions:
(1) The operator of the skill-based amusement arcade has properly filed the application(s) and all required documentation required by this chapter.
(2) The owner of the skill-based amusement device(s) and the real property owner have signed the application.
(3) A conditional use application fee of four hundred fifty dollars ($450.00) has been paid at the time of filing the arcade license application, a conditional use permit has been acquired, and all conditions under Section 1298.08(e) have been met.
(4) A skill-based Class I amusement arcade annual license fee of one thousand dollars ($1,000) per year, plus any unpaid surcharge(s) and/or fine(s) otherwise imposed under City ordinances and regulations has been paid.
(5) A skill-based Class II amusement arcade annual license fee of two hundred fifty dollars ($250.00) per year, per arcade location plus any unpaid surcharge(s) and/or fine(s) otherwise imposed under City ordinances and regulations has been paid.
(6) A fee of five hundred dollars ($500.00) per skill-based device has been paid in advance semiannually, for a total annual fee of one thousand dollars ($1,000) per year. Each year thereafter the skill-based arcade license renewal date will be December 31. Skill-based device fees will be due semiannually, six months in advance, on December 31 and June 30 each year of operation.
(7) Any device, after being inspected and licensed, added as new or as a replacement shall pay the full six-month fee regardless of the month it was placed into play.
(8) All skill-based devices, games or machines must be inspected and display a City license tag.
(9) The operator or any employee of the operator has not been convicted of a crime of moral turpitude within the past five years.
(10) The Administrative Officer has determined that no other reasonable cause exists to deny the issuance of such license.
(11) Application and license fees are non-refundable except upon approval by City Council.
(b) The City shall issue no more than seven licenses at any one time. If, at any time, the City has issued seven licenses under this chapter, the Administrative Officer shall create and maintain a waiting list for applicants desiring to apply for a license. In the event any license is revoked or not renewed in accordance with this chapter, the City shall then consider an application for such license from the applicants in the order they appear on such waiting list. If an applicant has been informed that such applicant is eligible to submit an application, then the applicant shall then have 30 days to submit an application for approval. If the application is denied, then the next applicant on the waiting list will be notified. If the application is approved, then the applicant shall have 90 days to commence operations of the skill-based amusement arcade in accordance with such application and license. If the applicant does not commence operations within 90 days of approval of such license by the Administrative Officer, then the Administrative Officer shall revoke such license in accordance with the procedure set forth in Section 856.14 of the Codified Ordinances.
(Ord. 68-2007. Passed 11-12-07; Ord. 47-2014. Passed 5-12-14; Ord. 86-2016. Passed 11-14-16.)