Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The Director of Finance is hereby authorized and directed to establish a fund to be known as the Law Enforcement Trust Fund, such fund to be used for the purposes set forth in subsection (b) hereof.
(b) The Law Enforcement Trust Fund shall be used only for the following purposes:
(1) To pay the costs of protracted or complex investigations or prosecutions;
(2) To provide reasonable technical training or expertise;
(3) To provide matching funds to obtain Federal grants to aid law enforcement, in the support of DARE programs or other programs designed to educate adults or children with respect to the dangers associated with the use of drugs of abuse; and
(4) To pay the costs of emergency action taken under Ohio R.C. 3745.13 relative to the operation of an illegal methamphetamine laboratory if the forfeited property or money involved was that of a person responsible for the operation of the laboratory;
(5) To the pay the costs of materials, equipment and training in furtherance of law enforcement purposes of the City; and
(6) For such other law enforcement purposes that Council determines to be appropriate.
(Ord. 105-1989. Passed 11-27-89; Ord. 68-2013. Passed 10-15-13.)