Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Effective upon the first day of business, the pawnbroker business must secure from the North Saint Paul Police Department the current version of the automated pawn system interchange file specification, licensees must submit every reportable transaction to the Police Department daily in the following manner: licensees must provide to the Police Department all reportable transaction information by transferring it from their computer to the automated pawn system via modem using the current version of the automated pawn system interchange file specification. All required records must be transmitted completely and accurately after the close of business each day in accordance with standards and procedures established by the issuing authority. Any transaction that does not meet the automated pawn system interchange file specification must be corrected and resubmitted the next business day. The licensee must display a sign of sufficient size, in a conspicuous place in the premises, which informs patrons that all transactions are reported to the North Saint Paul Police Department daily.
(B) Licensees will be charged for each billable transaction reported to the Police Department. Fee will be set yearly by the city council.
(1) If a licensee is unable to successfully transfer the required reports by modem, the licensee must provide the Police Department, printed copies of all reportable transactions along with the video tape(s) for that date, by noon the next business day.
(2) If the problem is determined to be in the licensee’s system and is not corrected by the close of the first business day following the failure, the licensee must continue to provide the required reports as detailed in this section, and shall be charged a $100 reporting failure penalty daily until the error is corrected.
(3) If the problem is determined to be outside the licensee’s system, the licensee must continue to provide the required reports in this section, and resubmit all transactions via modem when the error is corrected.
(4) If a licensee is unable to capture, digitize or transmit the photographs required, the licensee must immediately take all required photographs with a still camera, cross-reference the photographs to the correct transaction, and make the pictures available to the police department upon request.
(5) Regardless of the cause or origin of the technical problems that prevented the licensee from uploading their reportable transactions, upon correction of the problem, the licensee shall upload every reportable transaction from every business day the problem had existed.
(6) The Police Department may, upon presentation of extenuating circumstances, delay the implementation of the daily reporting penalty.
(Ord. 679, passed 7-7-09)