1. Development Complexes/Multi-Tenant Buildings. Development complexes shall be permitted one ground sign per public street frontage. The maximum permitted sign area for each development complex sign shall be as provided within the applicable zoning district, plus 10 additional square feet per business, enterprise, institution or franchise within development complex, but not more than 50 percent of the base allowable sign area.
2. Building Identification Signs. One building identification sign for each building shall be permitted provided that no such sign shall exceed 25 square feet.
3. Business Signs. Each enterprise, institution, or business shall be permitted wall signs, one canopy sign per street frontage, and one ground sign per pubic street frontage, subject to the following maximum size requirements. Multiple businesses in the same building shall apportion façade length, building wall, and street frontage such that any maximum size requirement is not exceeded for a particular property.
A. Maximum Wall Sign Area. The total area of wall signage shall not exceed three square feet for each lineal foot of building wall the sign is attached to when viewed in elevation, not to exceed 300 square feet.
B. Maximum Ground Sign Area. One ground sign is permitted per street frontage. The surface area for each sign shall be one square foot for each lineal foot of street frontage, not to exceed 100 square feet, except for development complexes as specified in section 173.08(1), and the height shall not exceed 24 feet..
C. Canopy Sign Area and Dimensions.
(1) The maximum allowable sign area shall be one square foot for each lineal foot of width of the canopy, awning, or similar structure from which the sign is attached, as measured perpendicular to the building wall.
(2) The maximum allowable horizontal length of a canopy sign shall be equal to the width of the canopy, awning, or similar structure from which the sign is attached, as measured perpendicular to the building wall.
(3) The minimum vertical clearance between the lower edge of a canopy or awning and the ground shall be eight feet.
(Ord. 2017-02 - May 17 Supp.)