The following signs are exempt from the provisions of this chapter.
2. Official Flags and Emblems. Display of any official flag or emblem of a nation, state, or city.
3. City Entrance. City identification and entrance signs installed by the City.
4. Inside Signs. Any sign which is located within a building and not intended to be visible from outside the building.
5. Art. Works of fine art that are not displayed in conjunction with a commercial enterprise for the principal purpose of commercial advertisement.
6. Temporary Decorations. Temporary decorations or displays celebrating the occasion of traditionally accepted patriotic or religious holidays that are not displayed in conjunction with a commercial enterprise for the principal purpose of commercial advertisement.
7. Small Vehicle Signs. Signs no larger than one square foot applied directly or attached directly to the body of a car, bus, trailer, or other vehicle are exempt from the regulations of this section if such vehicle has a valid registration, is utilized in the normal course of a business or in the operator’s usual routine activities, and such vehicle is not used primarily for the display of such sign or signs.
8. Nameplates. Nameplates that are posted in conjunction with doorbells or mailboxes and do not exceed 24 square inches in surface area.
9. Legal Postings. Legally required signs and notices required to be displayed, maintained, or posted by law or by any court or governmental order, rule, or regulation.
10. Information Signs, as defined in Section 173.02.
11. Address Signs. Address signs, not exceeding one square foot in surface area, containing only the address of the premises upon which it is located and limited to no more than one sign for every 40 feet of lot street frontage.
12. Window Informational Signs. Window informational sign displaying information about the operation of the business, such as days and hours of operation, telephone number, and credit cards accepted. Such signs shall not exceed a maximum area of two square feet.