Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The Police Chief or his or her designee may notify a premise owner in writing that the premises are in danger of becoming a chronic nuisance when either of the following circumstances has occurred at the premises:
(a) When three or more nuisance activities have occurred at the premises of a single family residence, firm, company, corporation, association or other entity, during a ninety day period; or
(b) When, within a ninety day period, the following number of nuisance activities has occurred at the premises:
(1) Premises with 2, 3 or 4 residential units: 6 nuisance activities
(2) Premises with 5 to 19 residential units: 14 nuisance activities
(3) Premises with 20 to 39 residential units: 18 nuisance activities
(4) Premises with over 40 residential units: 25 nuisance activities.
(c) The notice provided for in the first paragraph of this section shall be deemed properly delivered in any one of the following methods:
(1) Sent by first class mail to the address for the owner listed on the records of the Hamilton County Auditor and not returned;
(2) Posted on the front door or other conspicuous location of the premises that is subject to the notice and order; or
(3) Delivered in person to the owner.
(d) The notice provided for in the first paragraph of this section shall contain the following information:
(1) The street address or legal description sufficient for identification of premises;
(2) A description of the nuisance activities that have occurred at the premises, including the dates of the nuisance activities;
(3) A statement that the premises owner shall respond to the Police Chief or his or her designee within ten days of the date of the owner’s receipt of the notice with a written plan to abate the nuisance activities that is acceptable to the Police Chief or his or her designee;
(4) A statement that the cost of future enforcement at the premises as a result of nuisance activities may be billed to the premises owner and could become a lien against the property if not paid.
(Ord. 23-12. Passed 10-9-12.)