Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) For the purpose of these regulations, certain numbers, abbreviations, terms, words, and phrases used herein shall be used, interpreted, and defined as set forth in this subchapter.
(B) Whenever any words and phrases used herein are defined in the State laws regulating the creation and function of various planning agencies, such definition shall apply to such words and phrases used herein, except when the context requires otherwise.
(C) For the purpose of these regulations, certain words and phrases used herein shall be interpreted as follows:
(1) The word "person" includes an individual, firm, association, organization, partnership, trust, company, corporation, or any other legal entity.
(2) The masculine includes the feminine.
(3) The present tense includes the past and future tense; the singular number includes the plural.
(4) The word "shall" is a mandatory requirement; the word "may" is a permissive requirement; and the word "should" is a preferred requirement.
(5) The words "used" or "occupied" include the words "intended, arranged, or designed to be used or occupied."
(6) The word "lot" includes the words "plot, parcel, and tract."
(D) All other words not defined shall be defined according to any recent edition of Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary (1985 edition or newer).
(Ord. 62-12-95, passed 1-22-96; Am. Ord. 15-3-00, passed 4-10-00)