Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Applications for horse-drawn carriage business licenses shall be made to the Clerk-Treasurer on forms provided by the Clerk-Treasurer. In addition to other information required by this section, the application shall contain the following information:
(1) The name and business address of the applicant, and if a corporation or partnership, the name and address of any person who has an ownership interest in said business;
(2) The number of carriages to be operated pursuant to the license and the seating capacity, manufacturer and scale drawing or photograph of each carriage;
(3) Whether the applicant has ever been convicted of a felony, if the applicant is an individual; whether any of the partners have been convicted of a felony, if the applicant is a partnership; and, whether any of the officers or directors have been convicted of a felony, if the application is a corporation;
(4) A route and operations schedule for the business which complies with § 112.05;
(5) A schedule of rates and charts to be made to passengers which rates shall not be changed within ten days prior notice to the Clerk-Treasurer.
(B) The application shall be verified under oath and include a written agreement by the applicant to operate the business, if licensed, strictly in accordance with § 112.06 and to indemnify and hold harmless the city for all judgments, losses and expenses arising out of the operations permitted by the license.
(Ord. 7-89, passed 8-15-89; Am. Ord. 22-4-98, passed 5-11-98)