Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Application for a permit for the operation of an alarm system shall be made by a person or legal entity having ownership, a leasehold interest in, or control over the property on which the alarm system is installed and operational. The applications shall be made in writing to the Chief of Police or his or her designee, within five days following installation of an alarm system and prior to its operation. Applications shall be on a form designated by the city for this purpose.
(B) The application shall include the following information:
(1) The name, address and telephone number of each person in possession or control of the property on which the alarm system is installed and operational.
(2) The street address of the property on which the alarm system is installed and operational.
(3) Any business name used for the premise on which the alarm system is installed and operational.
(4) The name, address and telephone numbers of the person(s) or alarm system business who installed the alarm system.
(5) The names, addresses and telephone numbers of two persons or an alarm system business which are able to, and have agreed to:
(a) Receive notification at any time of an alarm by Municipal Emergency Services; and
(b) Come to the alarm premise/site within 30 minutes after receiving a request from Municipal Emergency Services to do so; and
(c) Grant access to the alarm premise/site to Municipal Emergency Services and to deactivate the alarm system if it becomes necessary to do so.
(Ord. 65-8-03, passed 9-9-03)