Skip to code content (skip section selection)
For the purpose of this subchapter, the following definitions apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
PUBLIC BUILDING. An enclosed structure or the part of any enclosed structure, regardless of ownership that is one of the following:
(1) Occupied by an agency of state or local government;
(2) Used as a classroom building or a dining area at a state educational institution (as defined in I.C. 20-12-0.5-1);
(3) Used as a public school (as defined in I.C. 20-10.1-1-2);
(4) Licensed as a health facility under I.C. 16-21 or I.C. 16-28;
(5) Used as a station for firefighters;
(6) Used as a station for police officers;
(7) Licensed as a child care center or child care home or registered as a child care ministry under I.C. 12-17.2;
(8) Licensed as a hospital under I.C. 16-21 or a county hospital subject to I.C. 16-22;
(9) The sales area of any drug, grocery or convenience store;
(10) The food storage or preparation area of any establishment where food is prepared for consumption by the public, regardless of whether such consumption is on or off the premises; or
(11) The public area of any establishment where food and beverages are sold for consumption on the premises or where services or merchandise are offered for sale to the public, unless such establishment has posted signs permitting smoking in compliance with § 92.087 of this chapter.
SMOKING. The carrying or holding of a lighted cigarette, cigar, pipe or any other lighted smoking equipment, or the inhalation or exhalation of smoke from any lighted smoking equipment.
(Prior Code, § 99.01) (Ord. G-84-12, passed 8-14-1984; Ord. G-07-03, passed 5-9-2007)