Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) It shall be unlawful to place or permit to remain anywhere in the city any domestic solid waste, except according to the provisions of this chapter.
(B) The owner or user of a dwelling shall dispose of domestic solid waste as follows.
(1) Users shall use garbage containers provided by the city’s contractor for trash collection and disposal and shall maintain said container in good order and repair. A user shall maintain garbage containers in sufficient number to contain domestic solid waste accumulating on the premises on a weekly basis.
(2) Containers shall be loosely packed or bagged so that the contents discharge freely when the receptacle is inverted.
(3) Users shall obey any rules promulgated by the city or the contractor for the maximum weight of each container and the maximum number of containers which may be placed for collection each week.
(4) Each dwelling shall be assigned a designated day for pickup. All domestic solid waste and recyclables shall be collected on the same day. If the collection day falls on a recognized legal holiday, pickup will be on the day following the holiday which is not a Sunday or recognized legal holiday.
(5) Garbage containers and recycling containers shall be placed at pickup location designated by the city or its contractor. During inclement weather, the city may instruct customers of alternate locations, if necessary.
(6) Garbage containers and recycling containers may be set out no earlier than 4:00 p.m. on the day preceding collection and shall be removed no later than 6:00 a.m. on the day following collection.
(7) All garbage containers and recycling containers must be stored either inside the garage or on the side of the house at a minimum of four feet behind the front of the house when not placed for collection.
(Ord. G-16-8, passed 11-22-2016) Penalty, see § 52.99