Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The city’s Fiscal Officer may make claim payments in advance of board allowances for the following kinds of expenses:
(1) Property or services purchased or leased from the United States Government, its agencies or its political subdivisions;
(2) License or permit fees;
(3) Insurance premiums;
(4) Utility payments or utility connection charges;
(5) General grant programs where advance funding is not prohibited and the contracting party posts sufficient security to cover the amount advanced;
(6) Grants of state funds authorized by statute;
(7) Maintenance or service agreements;
(8) Leases or rental agreements;
(9) Bond or coupon payments;
(11) State, federal or county taxes;
(12) Expenses that must be paid because of emergency circumstances; and
(13) A product or service for which the city legislative body had accepted a bid.
(B) Each payment of expenses under this section must be supported by a fully itemized invoice or bill and certifications by the Fiscal Officer.
(C) The city board having jurisdiction over the allowance of the claim shall review and allow the claim at its next regular or special meeting following the pre-approved payment of the expense.
(Prior Code, § 33.26) (Ord. G-95-19, passed 12-26-1995)