Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Applications for an amateur breeder permit shall be made to the New Castle/Henry County Animal Shelter.
(B) The application shall include, at a minimum:
(1) The name and address of the applicant;
(2) Information indicating whether the applicant or anyone living at the same address has been convicted of cruelty to animals;
(3) Why the applicant wants to breed;
(4) Attending veterinarian and vaccination records;
(5) A health certificate issued by a veterinarian stating that the animal is in proper health; and
(6) If the animal owner or anyone living at the same address has ever had an animal deemed to be vicious.
(C) If the applicant withholds or falsifies any information, no permit shall be issued; and any permit issued upon false or withheld information shall be null and void.
(D) A permit shall not be issued to a person who:
(1) Has been convicted of animal cruelty;
(2) Is unable to present proper veterinarian records and health certificate; or
(3) Has ever had an animal deemed to be vicious.
(E) Any person who has had repeated animal control complaints shall be issued a permit at the discretion of the Animal Shelter Director.
(Ord. 2452, passed 5-l7-82; Am. Ord. 2707, passed 4-4-88; Am. Ord. 3503, passed 3-5-07; Am. Ord. 3766, passed 4-3-17)