Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The County Administrator is designated as the official to administer the provision of this chapter.
(B) Duties of the County Administrator include, but are not limited to:
(1) A receipt of any petition to have a road or street admitted into the county system;
(2) The verification that the new road is in compliance with the criteria;
(3) The collection and presentation to the County Road Committee and the County Council of all data necessary for that body to approve acceptance of the road or street into the county system;
(4) The performance of any related duties as directed by majority of the County Council; and
(5) S.C. Code § 4-9-660, as amended, states that, except for the purpose of inquiries and investigations, the Council shall deal with county employees who are subject to the direction and supervision of the County Administrator solely through the Administrator, and neither the Council nor its members shall give orders or instruction to its employees.
(Ord. 124, passed 9-17-1991; Am. Ord. passed 2-5-1997; Am. Ord. passed 11-5-1997; Am. Ord. passed 1-5-2000)