Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Department Created: The city has created a department of animal control. (1999 R.O. § 25-1-2)
B. Powers Of Animal Control Officers:
1. Oath Of Office; Enforcement: The city animal control director or any person employed by the department of animal control as an animal control officer shall take the oath of office and shall be vested with the power and authority to enforce this chapter.
2. Impound: The animal control director (hereinafter "director"), his deputies, assistants and animal control officers are hereby authorized and empowered to apprehend and take with them and impound any animal found in violation of this chapter and including licensable dogs for which no license has been procured in accordance with this chapter, or any licensed or unlicensed dogs for any other violations thereof.
3. Entrance Upon Premises: In the enforcement of this chapter, any peace officer or the director of animal control, or his assistants, are authorized to enter onto the open premises of any person to take possession of any dog in violation of this chapter. (1999 R.O. § 25-1-3)
C. Duties Of Animal Control Officers:
1. Animal Control Director: The director shall enforce this chapter with the help of the Duchesne County sheriff's department.
2. Animal Control Officers: The animal control officers shall enforce this chapter in all respects pertaining to animal control within the jurisdiction, including the care and impounding of animals, the prevention of cruelty to animals, and carry out all duties prescribed or delegated by the director. (1999 R.O. § 25-1-4)