Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. The determination as to whether to make payment for loss under this chapter will be based upon the following criteria:
1. Whether an eligible applicant incurred an otherwise uninsured or uncovered vehicle damage loss caused by a golf ball hit from the golf course onto a public highway or road under circumstances where the applicant acted responsibly to avoid the loss; and
2. If so, whether the extent of the loss has been adequately substantiated; and
3. If there is an unencumbered balance in the fund from which to pay.
B. The following will result in the denial of an application:
1. Application not timely submitted;
2. Loss fully covered by private insurance or the party responsible for hitting the golf ball;
3. Applicant otherwise ineligible under the terms of this chapter;
4. Loss caused by an irresponsible act of the applicant, applicant's agent, or member of applicant's business or household;
5. Loss or eligibility unsubstantiated.
C. The following will result in reduction of payment:
1. Loss partially covered by private insurance or the party responsible for hitting the golf ball;
2. Loss exceeds funding limits of this chapter;
3. Verification of loss inadequate or incomplete;
4. Applicant did not cause the problem but failed to act responsibly to mitigate the loss. (Ord. 17-17)