Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) A notice of violation of this subchapter shall be issued in the form of a citation by any police officer or other person authorized by the Chief of Police. The police officer or other individual designated shall note the vehicle's registration number and any other information concerning the vehicle which will identify it and, if the driver is not present, a copy of the citation shall be issued by conspicuously placing it on the windshield of an illegally parked vehicle in a secure manner or in a prominent place thereon. Such posting of the citation shall be deemed prima facie evidence that said violation occurred and that the owner of said vehicle was properly notified of said violation. In the event that the registered owner or operator of a vehicle drives the vehicle away from or in any manner leaves the site of the violation while the issuing officer is preparing the citation, this fact shall be noted on the citation and shall constitute prima facie evidence that the citation was issued and that an attempt was made to notify the owner of the vehicle of the violation in accordance with this section.
(B) The citation shall contain the following information:
(1) The date and time the citation was issued;
(2) The nature of the specific parking violation observed, and the section of the subchapter violated;
(3) The state and license number, the registration number and the make of the vehicle in violation of this subchapter;
(4) The name or an identifying number of the person issuing the citation;
(5) Information advising the owner of the vehicle that he shall admit the violation and pay a civil penalty set forth hereinbelow or deny the violation and request a hearing before the City of Mt. Washington Code Enforcement Board within 14 days;
(6) The civil penalty that is imposed for the violation if the person does not contest the citation;
(7) The maximum civil penalty that may be imposed by the Code Enforcement Board for the violation if the person contests the citation;
(8) A statement that if the person fails to request a hearing within 14 days, the person shall be deemed as having waived the right to a hearing before the Code Enforcement Board and the determination that a violation was committed shall be final;
(9) The procedure for the person to follow in order to respond to the citation or to contest the citation; and
(10) A statement that a parking violation may result in impoundment of the vehicle for which the owner may be liable for a fine and towing, handling and storage charges or fees, or the installation of vehicle immobilization equipment or which the owner may be assessed additional fees.
(Ord. 19-13, passed 4-22-19)