Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) A Sketch Plan submittal shall be required prior to the filing of a Preliminary Plat.
(B) The purpose of the Sketch Plan is to assist the Subdivider prior to extensive engineering work necessary for the preparation of a Preliminary Plat and Final Plat as required herein.
(C) Preliminary Staff Review.
(1) An Applicant shall prepare and submit a Sketch Plan for Preliminary Staff Review on or before the deadline date specified on the Annual Meeting Schedule.
(2) Incomplete submittals shall be returned to the Applicant without acceptance by the Town for review.
(3) Department of Planning and Development staff shall review the Sketch Plan and provide written comments to the Applicant prior to the next Planning Commission application deadline. Staff shall also schedule a meeting with the Applicant to review these written comments, with such meeting to occur prior to the next Planning Commission application deadline.
(D) Planning Commission review.
(1) Following the staff review, the Applicant shall submit the Sketch Plan to the Planning Commission, via the Department of Planning gnd Development, on or before the deadline date specified on the Annual Meeting Schedule.
(2) The Sketch Plan shall be accompanied by an application fee, as determined by Town Council and set forth on the Department of Planning and Development Fee Schedule.
(3) Incomplete submittals shall be returned to the Applicant without acceptance by the Town for review.
(4) The Planning Commission shall review and act upon the Sketch Plan within 60 days of the date on which it is scheduled or eligible to be considered.
(a) If no action is taken by the Commission within this time, the Sketch Plan shall be deemed to have been approved.
(b) The 60-day time limit may be extended by mutual agreement of the affected parties.
(5) The Planning Commission shall either approve, conditionally approve, or disapprove the Sketch Plan.
(a) If the Sketch Plan is conditionally approved or disapproved, the reasons for such action shall be stated in the Planning Commission’s motion for the record.
(b) With a conditional approval, the Planning Commission may require the Applicant to resubmit the Sketch Plan to the Commission with all recommended changes before approval is effective.
(c) Planning Commission approval or conditional approval of a Sketch Plan shall be vested for a period of two years, subject to the rights and restrictions contained within § 156.049 (Vested Rights).
('81 Code, § 154.10) (Ord. passed 6-9-92; Am. Ord. 99012, passed 4-21-99; Am. Ord. 02045, passed 7-9-02; Am. Ord. 02068, passed 1-14-03; Am. Ord. 05035, passed 6-14-05; Am. Ord. 16082, passed 10-11-16)