Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Licenses and permits.
(1) Before commencing any construction, clearing or grading on any commercial or residential tract lot, streets, road or any lands within the town limits, all necessary licenses and permits shall be obtained; and
(2) Complete plans, consisting of general and specific drawings, specifications and analysis, together with details to provide a comprehensive plan of the construction contemplated, shall be furnished to, and approved by, the town.
(B) Responsibility of developer.
(1) Permits and licenses, payments and notices. The developer and contractor shall procure all permits and licenses, pay all charges, fees, and taxes, and give all notice necessary and incident to the due and lawful prosecution of the work.
(2) Conduct of work. The developer shall at all times conduct the work in such a manner to:
(a) Provide for and insure the safety and convenience of the traveling public and of the residents along and adjacent to the streets or roads; and
(b) Offer the least practicable obstruction to the flow of traffic.
(3) Assumption of responsibilities. The developer and contractor shall assume their responsibilities to the public, or particularly that portion of the public that patronizes or abuts his or her development, and the developer and contractor shall at no time relinquish such responsibility by inferring that the responsibility lies with the municipality or any other organization.
(4) Safeguarding the work.
(a) The developer shall provide, erect, and maintain in good condition, all necessary barricades, suitable and sufficient lights, danger signals and other signs, and take all necessary precautions for the protection and safety of the workers, contractors, the public and others, in conformance with the Uniform Manual of Traffic Safety, federal, state and local safety codes and regulations.
(b) The developer shall indemnify agents and employees from all suits or claims of any character brought because of injuries or damages received or sustained by any person or property on account of operations of the developer; or on account of or in consequence of any neglect in safeguarding the work; or because of any act of omission, neglect, or misconduct of the developer or contractor.
(5) Correction of deficiencies. The developer shall be responsible for correcting any and all deficiencies in streets and stormwater management systems, resulting from faulty design or construction, for a period of two years from the time the streets and drainage system are accepted by the town, as evidenced by the recording of the final plat into the town's system.
(6) Affidavit. The developer, engineer and prime contractor must sign a notarized affidavit certifying that the streets and drainage system have been built to all requirements of the town.
(Ord. 07045, passed 8-14-07)