Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) A Public Safety and Housing Officer is created and shall be an ex officio duty of the Chief of the Fire Department.
('81 Code, § 150.53) (Ord. passed 6-24-74)
(B) The Public Safety and Housing Officer or his or her appointed designee shall administer and enforce the provisions of this subchapter and he or she shall have such powers and perform such duties as may be provided for him or her in this subchapter or as provided in any other town or state ordinances/statutes.
('81 Code, § 31.71) (Am. Ord. passed 12-8-92)
(C) The Public Safety and Housing Officer is authorized to exercise such powers as may be necessary or convenient to carry out and effectuate the purposes and provisions of this subchapter, including the following powers in addition to others hereinbefore and hereinafter granted:
(1) To investigate the dwelling conditions in the municipality in order to determine which dwellings therein are unfit for human habitation;
(2) To administer oaths, affirmations, examine witnesses, and receive evidence;
(3) To enter on premises for the purpose of making examinations, provided that such entries shall be made in such manner as to cause the least possible inconvenience to the persons in possession;
(4) To appoint and fix the duties of such officers, agents, and employees as he or she deems necessary to carry out the purposes of this chapter; and
(5) To delegate any of his or her functions and powers under this chapter to such officers and agents as he or she may designate.
('81 Code, § 150.69) (Ord. passed 6-24-74; Am. Ord. 11046, passed 7-12-11)
For municipal ordinance summons, see § 35.10