Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) User fees.
(1) Event fees are based upon attendance expectations. The event host should review the following descriptions to determine the appropriate fee and permit application for the type of event the event host is interested in hosting at the MWP.
(2) The user fees listed are based upon common events held at the MWP. If an event goes outside the normal scope of activity because of extensive infrastructure or other reasons, the town reserves the right to augment fees or to deny the permit, based on the MWP’s inability to support the event without requiring significant maintenance or potential repair. After reviewing the application, the town will advise if the final rental rate will be augmented.
(B) Reservation payments.
(1) Applications are not considered without the fee payment.
(2) User fees are outlined below.
(3) Reservations are not confirmed until the application is approved by the Town Administrator or his or her designee.
(4) Fee payment will be refunded if the permit application is denied.
(C) Small group events.
(1) Typically groups of less than 25 do not require an event permit.
(2) The event host should apply for a small group permit if:
(a) The event is a group gathering, such as a family picnic, birthday party or other special event, with an expected attendance of between 25 and 249 people; or
(b) The group is less than 25, but the event host is bringing event support gear, i.e., tents and/or any support equipment requiring town supervision (questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org).
(3) Due a minimum of 30 days in advance:
(a) A completed MWP small group event permit application;
(b) Fee payment: $200 per day non-refundable fee.
(4) Wedding ceremonies held in the park without a facility rental are limited to no more than 40 people, including bride and groom, and no equipment setup is allowed, such as tents, tables, archways, musicians, and the like. Minimal chairs for elderly or handicapped guests may be approved at the discretion of town staff.
(D) Large group events.
(1) The event host should apply for a large group permit if:
(a) The event is a group gathering with an expected attendance of between 250 and 499 people; or
(b) The group is less than 250 people, but the event host is bringing extensive event support gear, i.e., more than five tents, food vendors, generators, and/or any support equipment requiring town supervision (questions should be directed to email@example.com).
(2) Due a minimum of 30 days in advance:
(a) A completed MWP large group event permit application;
(b) Fee payment: $400 per day non-refundable fee.
(E) Major events.
(1) Events with an expected attendance of 500 or more people are not permitted at Memorial Waterfront Park.
(2) Please note that large-scale or multiple-day productions may require supplemental deposits, fees and/or permits. If applicable, town staff will notify event hosts in advance of such requirements.
(F) If a planned event falls outside of the scope of the descriptions contained herein, the event host should contact the Special Events Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org or (843) 884-8517.
(Ord. 12077, passed 11-13-12; Am. Ord. 150205, passed 4-14-15)