Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Garbage will be placed in a 60 or 90 gallon roll-out container provided by the town.
(1) No other type of containers will be emptied.
(2) Extra garbage must be placed in a plastic bag and set on top of the roll-out container.
(3) Upon payment of applicable fees, every person who owns property in the town that is assessed at 6% or less is entitled to one container per property, unless, on application to the Public Service Director, he or she determines that the needs of the property owner require an additional container, in which case an additional container may be purchased.
(4) In no event shall a property owner be allocated more than two containers per property.
(B) Unless otherwise approved by the Public Service Director, containers will be placed adjacent to the street accessible to the collectors.
(1) To assure pick-up, containers should be placed out prior to 7:00 a.m. on the day of pick-up, but no more than 12 hours prior to pick-up.
(2) After collection, containers should not be stored near the curbside.
(3) Containers must be removed within 12 hours after pick-up.
(4) Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, trash or garbage service shall only be provided to the property owners, as described in division (A), if access to the container(s) can be accomplished safely and efficiently for both the collectors and the public.
(C) (1) Containers reported stolen or lost must be reported to the Police Department for a case number prior to replacement.
(2) Damaged containers must first be investigated by the Public Services Department and, if damaged due to neglect, a new container must be purchased before replacement.
(D) As to the property owners receiving trash or garbage services from the town as of May 11, 2004, the provisions of division (A) pertaining to the maximum number of containers per property owner shall not take effect until a change in ownership after May 11, 2004.
('81 Code, § 94.11(A)(2), (3), and (9)) (Am. Ord. passed 6-23-87; Am. Ord. passed 4-14-92; Am. Ord. 99011, passed 4-13-99; Am. Ord. 04005, passed 5-11-04)