Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Public Grounds Defined: "Public grounds", as used in this section, shall mean all real property owned by the county, other than roads, rights of way and easements.
B. Regulations For Usage: For the protection of the health and safety of the citizens of the county, the following regulations are adopted for all county parks and public grounds:
1. Camping; Fires: There shall be no unauthorized overnight camping. Fires are prohibited except in designated areas.
2. Vehicles On Lawn: There shall be no unauthorized vehicles permitted on the lawn, including, but not limited to, motorcycles, cars, trucks, snowmobiles and bicycles.
3. Rollerblading And Skateboarding: Rollerblading and skateboarding are prohibited, except in designated areas permitting their use.
4. Golfing And Archery: There will be no golfing or archery.
5. Horses On Lawn: There will be no horses, mules, donkeys or cattle on the lawns.
6. Dogs And Household Pets: All dogs and other household pets must be leashed by the owner when on park and public property. Owners will be responsible for cleaning up after their pet.
7. Alcoholic Beverages 1 And Controlled Substances: No alcoholic beverages or illegal controlled substances shall be used or consumed, nor brought into the park or upon public grounds.
8. Littering: Littering is prohibited.
9. Conduct: Persons using county parks or public properties shall not engage in any dangerous, hazardous, illegal or disorderly conduct deemed by county law officials to affect the health, safety and welfare of the public using the parks or public property, nor shall persons vandalize equipment or facilities.
10. Park Hours: Except as specially authorized by the county council or their designee, county parks shall be closed between eleven o'clock (11:00) P.M. and six o'clock (6:00) A.M. No vehicles may be left in the parks during these hours.
11. Fireworks And Firearms: All fireworks shall be banned, except where authorized for special events. The use of all firearms shall be banned, except as authorized by the county sheriff or his designee. (Ord. 00-05A, 7-18-2000)
C. Penalty: Every person convicted of violating park and public grounds regulations of subsections B1 through B6 and B8 of this section, as prescribed herein, shall be guilty of a class C misdemeanor, and subject to penalty as provided in section 1-4-1 of this code. Every person convicted of violating park and public grounds regulations of subsections B7, B9 and B11 of this section, as prescribed herein, shall be guilty of a class B misdemeanor and subject to penalty as provided in section 1-4-1 of this code. (Ord. 00-05A, 7-18-2000; amd. 2010 Code)
1. See also title 3, chapter 2 of this code for alcoholic beverage regulations.