Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Any license or permit issued by the city may be suspended or revoked by the council for any of the following causes:
1. Fraud, misrepresentation or incorrect statement contained in the application or made in carrying on the licensed or permitted activity.
2. Conviction of any crime or misdemeanor.
3. Conducting such licensed or permitted activity in such manner as to constitute a breach of the peace or a menace to the health, safety or welfare of the public, or a disturbance of the peace or comfort of residents of the city, upon recommendation of the appropriate city official.
4. Expiration or cancellation of any required bond or insurance.
5. Actions unauthorized or beyond the scope of the license or permit granted.
6. Violation of any regulation or provision of this code applicable to the activity for which the license or permit has been granted, or any regulation or law of the state so applicable.
7. Failure to continuously comply with all conditions required as precedent to the approval of the license or permit. (1967 Code §51.11)
B. Any person aggrieved by the action of the council or any city official in denying, suspending or revoking a license or permit shall have the right to a hearing before the council on any such action, provided a written request therefor is filed with the city clerk within ten (10) days after receipt of the notice of such denial, suspension or revocation. The council may grant such license or permit or confirm any suspension or revocation or reinstate any such license or permit. The action taken by the council after a hearing shall be final. (1967 Code §51.12)