Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Establishment. The official plan of the city shall consist of the following:
(1) The city plan approved by the Corporate Authorities shall consist of a map of the city, charts and diagrams showing proposed additions to and improvements of the city streets, parks, public buildings, sewage disposal system, water system, and street lighting system;
(2) The specifications for street construction and paving established by the corporate authorities;
(3) The city zoning regulations; and
(4) The city subdivision control regulations.
(B) Extra-territorial jurisdiction. The official plan shall include land within 1-1/2 miles of the corporate limits of the City of Monticello, as they may be revised from time to time due to annexation.
(C) Official plan map. There exists an official plan map which has heretofore been adopted by the corporate authorities of the city and which may be amended from time to time.
(D) Reference. The city shall consider the official plan map as a guide to future land use and development. This map shall also be used as a broad general guide for future zoning of areas outside the corporate limits of the city when same are ready for annexation and development. The city shall consider the location of areas for parks, open spaces, schools, hospitals, and neighborhood commercial uses on the map as advisory only and shall not be bound to develop or permit development of the areas exactly as shown on the map.
(1) Primary thoroughfares shall be located on all section lines within and without the city. Primary thoroughfares shown on the official plan map and any others established shall have 100 feet right-of-way and the pavement width shall be 52 feet.
(2) Secondary thoroughfares shall be located, when possible, on all half-section lines around the city. Secondary thoroughfares shown on the official plan map and any others established shall have 80 feet right-of-way and pavement width shall be 36 feet.
(3) The city subdivision regulations shall govern the standards for quality of materials for the construction of all streets and shall govern the width of pavements and right-of-way for residential, local, or minor streets, both within and without the city.
(1) No plat of subdivision, plan for the construction or layout of streets, or work involving laying sewer or water mains shall be approved unless the same complies fully with the requirements of the official plan.
(2) The subdividing of land within the city, or within 1-1/2 miles of the corporate limits thereof, into 2 or more lots, tracts, or parcels of land, unless otherwise allowed by ILCS Ch. 765, Act. 205, shall be prohibited unless the owner thereof complies with the provisions of the Planning and Zoning Board and the City Council.
(3) Any person, firm, or corporation who violates this provision shall not be eligible for a building permit, nor shall he, she, or it have the right to connect to the city utilities, unless the Mayor and City Council shall waive the violation by vote at a regular meeting.
(Am. Ord. 2014-36, passed 9-8-2014)
Similar provisions, see ILCS Ch. 65, Act 5 and Ch. 765, Act. 205