Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) There is a Public Arts Trust fund within County Government to:
(1) receive, hold, and pay out public and private funds to:
(A) buy and display works of art on public property in the County; and
(B) pay the cost of administering the fund; and
(2) sponsor privately-funded temporary or permanent displays of art on public property in the County.
(b) The Chief Administrative Officer or a designee must administer the trust in consultation with:
(1) Arts and Humanities Council;
(2) Montgomery County Public Schools;
(3) Montgomery College; and
(4) Montgomery County Parks Commission.
(c) The Chief Administrative Officer must report to the County Council:
(1) each quarter on:
(A) new locations selected for works of art to be funded by the Public Arts Trust; and
(B) works of art purchased or displayed with Public Arts Trust funds during the quarter; and
(2) each year by January 15 on all other uses of Public Arts Trust funds during the prior calendar year. (1995 L.M.C., ch. 12, § 1; 2001 L.M.C., ch. 28, §§ 2, 15 and 16.)
Editor’s noteThe effective date of the amendments made to this section by 2001 L.M.C., ch. 28, § 2, is the same effective date as 1999 L.M.C., ch. 24, § 1.