Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) For each applicable capital project in the Capital Improvements Program during facility planning, the Office of Management and Budget must include in or transmit with the CIP an evaluation of:
(1) the feasibility of including a significant amount of affordable housing in the project;
(2) the effect of the project on the supply of affordable housing in the immediate area;
(3) what capital or operating modifications, if any, would promote and maximize affordable housing in the project and the immediate area; and
(4) what operating budget modifications, if any, would be needed to build and maintain affordable housing in the project.
(b) The affordable housing evaluation submitted by OMB should discuss at least the following issues related to the capital project:
(1) compatibility of affordable housing with the underlying project;
(2) conformity of affordable housing to applicable zoning and land use plans;
(3) proximity to public transit, and availability of other transportation options; and
(4) proximity to other community services.
(c) As used in this section, applicable capital project means any proposed building project administered by the Department of General Services or the Parking Management Division of the Department of Transportation.
(d) In performing its analysis, OMB should consult the Department of Housing and Community Affairs, the Planning Board, the Housing Opportunities Commission, and any other County department or agency with expertise in affordable housing.
(e) The Council may in the capital budget resolution, and the County Executive may by Method 1 regulation, exempt from this Section a category of capital projects which by their nature do not require an affordable housing analysis. (2013 L.M.C., ch. 3, § 1)