Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) A person must not:
(1) fraudulently obtain or retain, attempt to obtain or retain, or aid another person in fraudulently obtaining or retaining, or attempting to obtain or retain, certification as a Local Business for the purpose of this Article;
(2) willfully make a false statement to a County official or employee for the purpose of influencing the certification of an entity as a Local Business; or
(3) fraudulently obtain, attempt to obtain, or aid another person in fraudulently obtaining, or attempting to obtain, public monies to which the person is not entitled under this Article.
(b) A violation of this Article:
(1) is a class A violation; and
(2) may disqualify the violator from doing business with the County for up to 2 years. (2016 L.M.C., ch. 16, § 1.)