Skip to code content (skip section selection)
In all areas of special flood hazards the following standards are required:
(A) Anchoring. All new construction and substantial improvements shall be anchored to prevent flotation, collapse, or lateral movement of the structure resulting from hydrodynamic and hydrostatic loads, including the effects of buoyancy.
(B) Construction materials and methods.
(1) All new construction and substantial improvements shall be constructed with materials resistant to flood damage.
(2) All new construction and substantial improvements shall be constructed using methods and practices that minimize flood damage.
(3) All new construction and substantial improvements shall be constructed with electrical, heating, ventilation, plumbing and air conditioning equipment and other service facilities that are designed and/or located so as to prevent water from entering or accumulating within the components during conditions of flooding.
(1) All new and replacement water supply systems shall be designed to minimize or eliminate infiltration of flood waters into the systems;
(2) New and replacement sanitary sewerage systems shall be designed to minimize or eliminate infiltration of flood waters into the systems and discharge from the systems into flood waters; and
(3) Individual waste water treatment systems shall be located to avoid impairment to them or contamination from them during flooding.
(D) Subdivision proposals.
(1) All subdivision proposals shall be consistent with the need to minimize flood damage;
(2) All subdivision proposals shall have public utilities and facilities such as sewer, gas, electrical, and water systems located and constructed to minimize flood damage;
(3) All subdivision proposals shall have adequate drainage provided to reduce exposure to flood damage; and
(4) Base flood elevation data shall be provided for subdivision proposals, and other proposed developments which contain at least five acres.
(E) Certain structures prohibited. For purposes of these regulations, no recreational vehicles, manufactured homes nor mobile homes, as herein defined, shall be permitted to be located within any area of special flood hazard in accordance with § 154.02(E).
(Ord. 13-1988, passed 3-2-88; Am. Ord. 5-1993, passed 2-3-93; Am. Ord. 5-2006, passed 4-5-06)