§ 150.3009  REMEDIES.
   (A)   The Zoning Administrator may issue a revocation notice to revoke a permit or administrative approval that was issued contrary to this Zoning Code or based upon false information or misrepresentation in the application.
   (B)   In case any building or structure is or is proposed to be located, demolished, partially demolished, erected, constructed, reconstructed, enlarged changed, maintained, or used, or any land is or is proposed to be used in violation of any regulations, provision, amendment or supplement of this Zoning Code, the City Council, the Law Director, or the Zoning Administrator or any adjacent property owner who would be specifically damaged by such violation may, in addition to other remedies provided by law, institute injunction, mandamus, abatement, or any other appropriate action or proceeding to prevent, enjoin, abate, or remove such unlawful location, erection, construction, reconstruction, enlargement, change maintenance or use.
   (C)   In addition to any criminal penalties provided under § 150.3010, any person who violates § 150.1804 or any similar section of the Code governing the moving, demolition, or partial demolition of a city designated landmark property without appropriate permit shall be required to repair or restore any such property to return it to its former location and/or conditions, or such person shall forfeit and pay to the city civil penalties equal to the greater of the fair market value of any such landmark property or portion of a landmark property which was demolished, partially demolished, destroyed, or moved in violation of § 150.1804, or similar section, or $10,000.  These civil penalties shall represent compensation to the Montgomery community for the loss of the landmark treasures the community has worked to preserve and protect. The monies shall be deposited to the Montgomery Historic Trust Fund and the monies shall be used for the purposes of that fund which include preservation of historic landmarks and community education. This section may be enforced in a civil action initiated by the Law Director at the request of City Council.
(Ord. 5-2005, passed 3-23-05)