Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The classification plan is to be used as a guide in:
(1) Recruiting and examining applicants for employment;
(2) Determining lines of promotion and in developing employee training programs;
(3) Determining salary to be paid for various types of work;
(4) Determining personnel service items in departmental budgets; and
(5) Providing uniform job terminology.
(B) The City Manager, assisted by the Human Resources Director shall allocate each position covered by the classification plan to its appropriate class, and shall be responsible for the administration of the position classification plan. The City Manager shall periodically review portions of the classification plan and make minor revisions to insure that classifications accurately reflect current job duties and responsibilities. The City Manager shall also periodically review the entire classification plan and, when needed, recommend major changes to the City Council.
(Ord. passed 5-19-92)