Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Posting structure numbers.
(1) Violation of this article is a misdemeanor as provided by G.S. § 14-4 and may be punished as provided therein.
(2) Civil penalties may be imposed in accordance with the following procedure:
(a) Initial notification of violation, in writing by first class mail, to the last known address of the person to be notified;
(b) If not corrected within ten days, a warning citation may be issued;
(c) If not corrected within seven days of issuance of a warning citation, a second citation including a fine of $25 may be issued; and
(d) Each day the violation continues shall constitute a separate violation of this article.
(B) Notification of violation.
(1) Notification shall be issued by the Ordinance Administrator or his or her designee.
(2) Notification shall be in writing, directed to the name and address of the owner of the structure by certified mail return receipt.
(3) Notification shall set forth the action necessary for the offender to be in compliance with this article.
(C) Road name signs. Violations of this section shall be punishable by maximum fines of up to $250 for each violation.
(D) Legal prosecution. Nothing herein contained shall prevent the town from taking other lawful action as is necessary to prevent or remedy any violation.
(2003 Code, § 9-4.15) (Adopted 9-7-1993)