Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Time constraints. Within 90 days after written notification of the assignment of or change of a structure number, the owner of the structure shall post the assigned structure number in compliance with the requirements herein.
(B) Number specifications.
(1) All structure numbers shall be constructed of a durable material. The color shall contrast with the color scheme of the structure and, if mounted on glass, shall contrast with the background and be clearly visible.
(2) The minimum number size for residential structures or units shall be four inches in height. The minimum size for all other structure numbers shall be six inches in height. In all cases, a number size larger than the minimum may be required where the minimum size does not provide adequate identification.
(C) Posting locations.
(1) For single-family residential or duplex structures, the structure number shall be posted and maintained within a three-foot perimeter of the front entrance of the structure, in a location visible and readable from the road. For all other structures, the structure number shall be posted on a building face most readily visible from the road from which the number is assigned. Unit designators shall be posted at each unit within a three-foot perimeter of the front entrance of the unit.
(2) In the event that a structure or its posted number is not visible from the road which its number is assigned, the assigned structure number shall also be posted on property adjacent to the road. This number shall be located at the primary driveway access point.
(3) In all cases, the structure number shall be clearly displayed in a way that the structure number can be easily identified from the street or road during both day or night.
(D) Maintenance of structure numbers. Following the posting of the assigned number as required herein, the owner shall maintain the structure number at all times in compliance with the requirements of this article. Structure numbers and unit designators, as viewed from the road, shall not be obstructed from view.
(2003 Code, § 9-4.9) (Adopted 9-7-1993)