(A)   Council shall annually cause a notice to be published in a newspaper of general circulation within the village, stating that noxious weeds are growing on lands within the limits of the village. Such notice shall not be required to describe the lands or to specify the name of the owner of such property. However, such notice shall constitute notice to any owner, lessee, agent or tenant having charge of any land upon which noxious weeds are growing, that the same must be cut and destroyed within five days after such publication. Such notice shall further specify that such weeds shall be cut every 30 days thereafter without further notice or publication in order to prevent spreading or maturing of weeds. Such notice shall be published one time in order to constitute notice hereunder.
   (B)   Upon a finding by the Legislative Authority that litter has been placed on lands in a municipality, and has not been removed, and constitutes a detriment to public health, the Legislative Authority shall cause a written notice to be served upon the owner and, if different, upon the lessee, agent, or tenant having charge of the littered land, notifying him or her that litter is on the land, and that it must be collected and removed within 15 days after the service of the notice.
   (C)   As used in this section and § 92.13, LITTER includes any garbage, waste, peelings of vegetables or fruits, rubbish, ashes, cans, bottles, wire, paper, cartons, boxes, parts of automobiles, wagons, furniture, glass, oil of an unsightly or unsanitary nature, or anything else of an unsightly or unsanitary nature.
   (D)   If the owner or other person having charge of the land is a nonresident of the municipality whose address is known, the notice shall be sent to his or her address by certified mail. If the address of the owner or other person having charge of the land is unknown it is sufficient to publish the notice once in a newspaper of general circulation in the county.
   (E)   This section does not apply to land being used under a municipal building or construction permit or license, a municipal permit or license, or a conditional zoning permit or variance to operate a junkyard, scrap metal processing facility, or similar business, or a permit or license issued pursuant to R.C. Chapter 3734, §§ 4737.05 to 4737.12, or R.C. Chapter 6111.
(Ord. 02-05-06, passed 7-9-02; Am. Ord. 12-05-01, passed 6-19-12)
Statutory reference:
   Similar provisions, see R.C. § 731.51