Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) An applicant for a license or for renewal of a license from the village shall submit an application to the Local Liquor Control Commissioner. The application shall be in writing under oath and shall be signed by the applicant if an individual; or if the application is on behalf of a partnership, firm, association, club or corporation then it shall be signed and sworn to by at least two members of such partnership, or by the president and secretary of such firm, club, association or corporation.
(B) The application shall state the following:
(1) The name, age and address of the applicant in the case of an individual or of all persons entitled to share in the profits in the case of a copartnership; in the case of a club or corporation, the name, date of incorporation, the address, the objects for which it was organized; the names and addresses of all stockholders of a corporation and the proportion of stock held by each; the names and addresses of all members of a club.
(2) The citizenship of the applicant, his place of birth, and if a naturalized citizen, the time and place of his naturalization.
(3) The character of the business or operation with which the desired license is to be used and the class of license for which application is made.
(4) The length of time that the applicant has been in that business or operation and the date at which that business or operation was started in the village and, in the case of a corporation, the date on which its charter was issued.
(5) The location and description of the premises or place of business which is to be operated under the desired license.
(6) Whether applicant has ever made application for license to retail alcoholic liquor on premises other than described in this application and the disposition of such application.
(7) That applicant has never been convicted of a felony and is not disqualified to receive a license by reason of any matter or thing contained in this code or laws of this state.
(8) Whether a previous license by any state or subdivision thereof, or by the federal government has been revoked and the reasons therefor.
(9) That the applicant is familiar with the laws of the United States and of this state and of this village as they relate to retailers of alcoholic liquors and that the applicant has never violated these laws and will not violate nor permit his employees or agents to violate any of the laws of the United States or of this state or this code or any other ordinance of this village in the conduct of the business for which a license is desired.
('73 Code, § 34.04)