Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Peddlers and Solicitors.
(1) Every person engaged in the business of going about the City soliciting orders or peddling goods, wares or services for profit shall pay a fee of seventy-five dollars ($75.00) per year.
(2) A separate license shall be required for each individual salesperson or peddler even though there may be a single employer.
(3) In such case that a vehicle is owned by a single employer solely for the purposes of peddling from a motor vehicle and more than one driver is assigned to each vehicle owned for this purpose, a license shall be issued per vehicle with a listing of drivers to be authorized. The employer is responsible for notifying the Police Department if any names are to be added to or deleted from this list.
(4) All such licenses shall expire on December 31 of the year in which issued.
(b) Public Solicitation.
(1) No fee shall be required for a license for any charity to which contributions are deductible for United States income tax purposes.
(2) Where there is a drive for funds for any of the charitable organizations described in this chapter and there is more than one solicitor, only one license shall be required of the person in charge of the fund drive; however, the applicant shall provide a list of all individuals soliciting on behalf of the organization.
(3) All such licenses shall expire on December 31 of the year in which issued.
(c) Itinerant Vendors. Each shall pay a fee of twenty dollars ($20.00) for each week that such business is carried on. This license shall terminate automatically with the last day for which sum shall have been paid.
(d) The City Manager or his designee may, in his discretion, grant without cost a license for the holding of a special event where all vendors are fostered and supervised by civic interests of the City.
(Ord. 92-1428. Passed 4-21-92.)