Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Violation of this chapter may be punishable by a civil penalty of not less than $10 and not more than $200 or by impoundment of the vehicle which was operated in the commission of the violation for a period not to exceed 30 days or both. Community service is considered a viable alternative at the discretion of the courts for payment of fines.
(B) Proper enforcement of traffic law is as important as having good laws. Dangerous and illegal practices that police must stop through education and enforcement include:
(1) Riding without lights in the dark;
(2) Riding on the wrong side of the road;
(3) Failure to stop for traffic signals;
(4) Motorist intimidation and harassment; and
(5) Dangerous motorist errors, such as overtaking with insufficient space, illegal turns ("right hook" and "left cross") and the like. They must particularly discourage riding in the opposite direction as traffic on streets and non-restricted sidewalks where busy driveways are especially hazardous.
(Ord. 10-08-07-1, passed 11-19-2007)