Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The Clerk/Treasurer of the town is hereby authorized, pursuant to I.C. 36-5-4-12, to pay in advance of Council allowance, any expenses which become due or on which a discount may be obtained by early payment when the date occurs between regularly scheduled meetings of the Town Council, the payment not being otherwise prohibited by law.
(B) The pre-approved payments of claims may include the following types of expenses:
(1) Property or services purchased or leased from:
(a) The United States government; and/or
(b) An agency or a political subdivision of the United States government.
(2) License fees or permit fees;
(3) Insurance premiums;
(4) Utility payments or utility connection charges;
(5) Federal grant programs if:
(a) Advance funding is not prohibited; and/or
(b) The contracting party provides sufficient security for the amount advanced.
(6) Grants of state funds authorized by statute;
(7) Maintenance agreements or service agreements;
(8) Lease agreements or rental agreements;
(9) Principal and interest payments on bonds;
(11) State, federal or county taxes;
(12) Expenses that must be paid because of emergency circumstances; and
(13) A product or service for which the Town Council has accepted a bid.
(C) Each payment of expenses under this section must be supported by a fully itemized claim.
(D) The Town Council shall review and allow the claim at its next regular or special meeting following the pre-approved payment of the expense.
(Ord. 2-13-96-6, passed 2-13-1996)