Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) A mobile home located on a lot, when an improvement location permit and a certificate of occupancy have been issued for the use which is on file in the office of the Executive Secretary of the Area Plan Commission, is a permitted use on the lot and shall be classified by the Executive Secretary according to one of the six mobile home classifications set forth in division (B) below. Accordingly, the existing "classified" mobile home may remain on the lot upon which it was legally located at the time of passage of this chapter. The owner of the lot has the following options.
(1) The existing mobile home may be replaced by another mobile home having the same or a higher classification; provided that, the existing mobile home would either replace another mobile home or be removed from the town before an improvement location permit could be issued by the Executive Secretary.
(2) The existing mobile home may be replaced with any other use permitted in the particular district where the lot is located.
(3) If an existing or replaced mobile home is removed from a lot for a period of more than 90 days, another mobile home cannot again be located on that lot.
(B) Mobile homes are hereby divided into the following classes by the Executive Secretary.
(1) Class A. Mobile homes built on or after 6-15-1976, and manufactured dwellings built prior to 1-1-1981, or on or after 6-15-1976, certified as meeting the mobile home construction and safety standards of the Department of Housing and Urban Development and approved as meeting “acceptable similarity” appearance standards in accordance with the federal § 504.10.
(2) Class B. Mobile homes certified as meeting HUD mobile home construction and safety standards, but not approved as meeting "acceptable similarity" appearance standards.
(3) Class C. Mobile homes (built prior to 6-15-1976) certified as meeting "acceptable prior code or codes" or used mobile homes certified as meeting either HUD standards specified above or the prior code, found on inspection to be in excellent condition and safe and fit for residential occupancy.
(4) Class D. Mobile homes (built prior to 6-15-1976), whether or not certified as meeting HUD or prior codes, found on inspection to be in good condition.
(5) Class E. Mobile homes (built prior to 6-15-1976), whether or not certified as meeting HUD or prior codes, found on inspection to be in fair condition.
(6) Class F. Mobile homes (built prior to 6-15-1976), whether or not certified as meeting HUD or prior codes, found on inspection to be in poor condition, unsafe and/or unfit for residential occupancy.
(Ord. 4-8-97-1, passed 4-8-1997; Ord. 3-12-01-1, passed - -2001)