Skip to code content (skip section selection)
For purposes of this subchapter the following definitions shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
TRANSIENT TRAILER. Includes any of the following:
(1) CAMPING TRAILER. A canvas, folding structure, mounted on wheels and designed for travel, recreation and vacation use;
(2) MOTOR HOME. A portable, temporary dwelling to be used for travel, recreation and vacation, constructed as an integral part of a self-propelled vehicle;
(3) PICK-UP COACH. A structure designed to be mounted on a truck chassis for use as a temporary dwelling for travel, recreation and vacation;
(4) TRAVEL TRAILER. A vehicular, portable structure built on a chassis, designed to be used as a temporary dwelling for travel, recreation and vacation uses;
(5) Any other mobile recreational vehicle subject to the provisions of R.I. Gen. Laws Chapter 24-21, as amended.
TRANSIENT TRAILER PARK. A parcel of land in which two or more spaces are occupied or intended for occupancy by transient trailers for transient dwelling purposes and in which transient trailer spaces are rented by the day or week only, and the occupancy of such space remains in same transient trailer park for not more than 90 days within a period of one year.
(Ord. passed 10-30-06)