Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) General requirements.
(1) Property and buildings shall be so designed and laid out as to minimize disturbance to adjacent property by such features as buffers, fences, planting, suitably located points of traffic ingress and egress, and areas for loading and parking. It is the intent of this section to also provide the necessary protection for industry from other neighboring uses and to provide assurances of continued legal operation to industrial uses.
(2) All uses in the light industrial (LI) district shall conform with the use table in § 602, and the provisions of this section.
(B) Site design requirements.
(1) A landscaped buffer of no less than ten feet in width shall be required along all lot lines.
(2) Where a light industrial district abuts a residential district or use, a vegetated buffer of no less than 25 feet in width shall be required along such lot line. Within the buffer, opaque screening in the form of densely planted non-deciduous vegetation, earthen berms, fences, or walls, or any combination of these, shall be provided. Said screening shall be no less than six feet in height at the time of installation, and shall be designed to provide maximum protection from the visual and noise impacts of industrial use.
(3) All site design, parking, landscaping, and other applicable requirements of this chapter, including Article 27, shall be addressed. Where there are conflicting standards contained in this chapter, the more restrictive standards shall prevail.
(4) Where a light industrial district abuts a residential district or use, all buildings shall maintain a minimum 50-foot setback from property lines abutting the residential district or use.
(5) Where a light industrial district abuts a residential district or use, all dumpsters and other trash receptacles shall maintain a minimum 50-foot setback from property lines abutting the residential district or use.
(Ord. passed 10-30-06)