Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Composition. The Planning Board shall establish and oversee a Technical Review Committee, which shall be composed of the following members:
(1) The Administrative Officer (Town Planner), who shall serve as Chairman of the TRC;
(2) The Zoning Officer;
(3) The Public Works Director; and
(4) The Town Engineer.
(B) Quorum, voting, records, meetings.
(1) A quorum of the Technical Review Committee shall consist of at least three members, provided that it must include the Administrative Officer.
(2) An affirmative vote of the majority of the members present shall be required to take any action.
(3) All votes and minutes of the Technical Review Committee shall comply with the Open Meetings Act. The Administrative Officer shall take the minutes of the TRC or may designate a staff member to do so.
(4) All records of the Technical Review Committee shall be in the care of the Administrative Officer.
(5) The Technical Review Committee shall meet as necessary.
(6) All applications for Development Plan Review shall be filed with the Zoning Board of Review in accordance with § 305 of this chapter.
(7) The Administrative Officer shall establish a schedule for application review to ensure compliance with the timeframes provided in Article 10 of the Middletown Rules and Regulations Regarding the Subdivision and Development of Land.
(C) Town assistance to Technical Review Committee. As considered necessary by the Technical Review Committee, applications shall be forwarded to the Police Chief and Fire Chief (or their designees) for review and comment. The Police Chief and Fire Chief (or their designees) shall have the right to attend and speak at any Technical Review Committee meeting. The Technical Review Committee shall have the authority to seek assistance from all other officials and departments of the town and state and federal agencies.
(Ord. passed 10-30-06; Am. Ord. 2013-11, passed 8-19-13)