Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Private Swimming Pools. "Private swimming pool", but not including farm ponds, means any pool or open tank, not located within a completely enclosed building, and containing or normally capable of containing water to a depth at any point greater than three feet. No such swimming pool shall be allowed in any district except as an accessory use and unless it complies with the following conditions and requirements.
(1) The pool is intended and is to be used solely for the enjoyment of the occupants of the principal use of the property on which it is located.
(2) It may not be located, including any walks or paved areas or accessory structures adjacent thereto, closer than ten feet to any property line of the property on which located.
(3) The swimming pool or the entire property on which it is located shall be so walled or fenced so as to prevent uncontrolled access by children from the street or from adjacent properties. The fence or wall shall be six feet in height and maintained in good condition.
(Ord. 72-11. Passed 10-24-11.)
(b) Community or Club Swimming Pools. "Community or club swimming pool" means any pool constructed by an association of property owners, or by a private club for use and enjoyment by members of the association or club and their families. Community and club swimming pools shall comply with the following conditions and requirements:
(1) The pool is intended solely for the enjoyment of the members and families and guests of members of the association or club under whose ownership or jurisdiction the pool is operated.
(2) The pool and accessory structures thereto, including the areas used by bathers, shall not be closer than fifty feet to any district boundary line.
(3) The swimming pool and all of the area used by bathers shall be so walled or fenced as to prevent uncontrolled access by children from the street or adjacent properties. The fence or wall shall not be less than six feet in height and maintained in good condition. The area surrounding the enclosure, except for the parking spaces, shall be suitably landscaped with grass, hardy shrubs and trees and maintained in good condition.
(4) One parking space for every seventy-five square feet of pool surface area. (Ord. 871A. Passed 12-13-65.)