Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Written application for a zoning certificate for the construction of a new building or for the alteration of an existing building shall be made at the same time as the application for a building permit. Such certificate shall be issued within ten days after a written request for the same has been made to the Zoning Inspector or his agent, provided such construction or alteration is in conformity with the provisions of this Zoning Ordinance.
(b) Written application for a zoning certificate for the use of vacant land or for a change in the use of land or of a building or for a change in a nonconforming use, as herein provided, shall be made to the Zoning Inspector. If the proposed use is in conformity with the provisions of this Zoning Ordinance, the certificate therefor shall be issued within fifteen days after the application for the same has been made.
(c) Every application for a zoning certificate for the construction of a new building or the expansion of an existing building shall be accompanied by a plot plan in duplicate and such other plans as may be necessary to show the location and type of buildings to be erected or alterations to be made. Each plan shall indicate:
(1) The street providing access to the lot and the exact location of the lot in relation to the nearest cross street;
(2) The name of the concerned lot plan, if any, and the lot numbers of the concerned and abutting properties;
(3) The actual dimensions of the lot, the yard and other open spaces, dimensions thereof, and the location and size of any existing structure thereon;
(4) The location and size of the proposed structure, and/or the proposed enlargement of the existing structure;
(5) Any other information which in the judgment of the Zoning Inspector may be necessary to provide for the enforcement of this Zoning Ordinance;
(6) That no part of the land involved in the application has been previously used to provide required yard space or lot area for another structure; and
(7) Which abutting land was formerly that of the owner of the land involved in the application, and, if any, the approximate date of title transfer.
(d) Where complete and accurate information is not readily available from existing records, the Zoning Inspector may require the applicant to furnish a survey of the lot by a registered engineer or surveyor.
(e) Each property owner or authorized agent shall be required to attest to the correctness of the statements and data furnished with the application.
(f) A file of such applications and plans shall be kept in the office of the Zoning Inspector.
(g) The Zoning Inspector shall not issue a zoning certificate for any application requiring site plan review by the Planning Commission under this Zoning Ordinance unless the proposed site plan has been approved by the Planning Commission.
(Ord. 871A. Passed 12-13-65.)