Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) There is established a voluntary water leak insurance program for the benefit of the customers of the Middleport Public Works Department to be used to pay for the excess amounts due to water leakage.
(b) The terms of the voluntary Water Leak Insurance Program are as follows:
(1) Coverage is twenty-five dollars ($25.00) per calendar year per customer.
(2) The leak insurance will cover up to and including three hundred dollars ($300.00) per calendar year, per customer. After this amount is reached the customer will be responsible for the balance of the bill.
(3) Insurance is valid only if the Middleport Public Works Department is notified before and after the leak is repaired.
(4) To figure the amount to be paid if a water leak occurs, the customer’s bill will be averaged for the twelve months preceding. This average will be deducted from the leak amount. The remaining balance will be considered a leak and the leak amount will be paid through the Water Leak Insurance once the repairs are finished and inspected. The amount available for payment each calendar year is three hundred dollars ($300.00) per customer.
(5) The annual fee of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) must be paid by June 30th of each year. The insurance will be in effect from July 1 to June 30 of each year. Payments received after the deadline will be excluded from coverage for that year. Insurance for new customers, if they decide to participate, will begin when they apply for service.
(c) The Water Leak Insurance is for the payment of the water bill only. The Water Leak Insurance does not pay for the customer’s repairs.
(Ord. 06-05. Passed 5-23-05.)