Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) It shall be unlawful for any person or firm to engage in the business or occupation of pruning, treating, or removing existing street or park trees within the City without first applying for or procuring a license from the Department of Public Works. The license fee shall be established by the Common Council; provided, however, that no license shall be required of any public service company or City employee doing such work in the pursuit of their public service endeavors. Before any license shall be issued, each applicant shall first provide evidence of possession of liability insurance in the minimum amounts set out in division (B) of this section.
(B) The limits of insurance required shall provide coverages for not less than the following amounts, or greater where required by law or regulations and the coverages shall be as follows:
(1) Workers compensation.
(2) Comprehensive or commercial general liability.
General aggregate (Except products-completed operations)
Products-completed operations aggregate
Personal/advertising injury (Per person/organization)
Each occurrence (Bodily injury and property damage)
Limit per person medical expense
Personal injury liability coverage shall include claims arising out of employment.
Exclusions of property in contractor's care, custody, or control shall be included.
Property damage liability insurance shall provide coverage for explosion, collapse, and underground damage.
(3) Automobile liability.
Combined single limit of
(4) Contractual liability.
Each occurrence (Bodily injury & property damage)
(5) Liability coverage for owner will be provided by endorsement as additional insureds on contractor's liability policy.
(6) Umbrella excess liability.
(7) Property insurance. Property insurance to the full insurable value of the Work will be provided by owner.
(8) Boiler/machinery insurance. Boiler and machinery insurance will be provided by owner.
(9) You are hereby instructed that contractor shall submit to the owner a certificate of insurance prior to initiation of work.
(Ord. 725/97, passed 3-5-97) Penalty, see § 1.1.99